Raven’s antispam, a plugin
Low-traffic sites can live just with Raven's antispam, no other plugin is needed. At more popular websites it's sometimes necessary to use it in combination with (for example) Akismet. Since Raven's antispam can't check trackbacks (because of its spam recognizing method), it's also recommended to secure this door with Simple Trackback Validation or Bad Behaviour. But in many cases can the Raven's antispam alone mean a sufficient protection.
Download newest Raven's antispam (10 KB, *.ZIP)
Installation (as usual)
- Unpack the archive and copy the entire folder into your
- Activate Raven's antispam plugin (Administration → Plugins)
- Enjoy your blogging without spam
- Licence: GNU/GPL
- actual info (official plugins repository)
- Thanks for your donations or other ways of support are very appreciated.
- Included translations: Czech, Russian (thanks Ptath)
- I activated the plugin, but after sending a comment it shows „You
didn't answer the antispam question…“? → The problem is most
probably in your template file comments.php. Inside the
formelement there should be this code somewhere:
<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>. If it's missing, add it.
- Didn't the homepage of R.A. change recently? → Yes, it did. This place is in my opinion more adequate. Old comments archive.