Cache-plugins: personal summary
In order of tries:
note: see WP Super Cache first!
- The installation wasn't successfully finished, neighter the „manual installation“.
- Classic, simplier, automatic installation failed when I tried to access options-page. Nothing displayed, just menu, heding „WP-Cache“ and white space.
- While installing „manually“, there was a problem with symbolic link. Somewhere I have read a tip: to replace advanced-cache.php with phase1 file. Nice article on this topic found at village-idiot.org.
1 Blog Cacher
- Installation succeeded! I must praise it's simplicity, intuitive step-by-step installation, easily done even without reading the guide first!
- Selected quotes: „Compatible with Gzip compression. […] Only GET requests are cached. […] Cached files (including front page cache) are updated when posts and comments are published/edited/deleted.“
- Does not serve cached content for logged users. No problem but good to know about that.
F5in IE or FF: from cache,
F5in Opera or
Ctrl+F5in IE or FF: reload, not from cache
WP Super Cache
- only after (unsuccessful) try to install WP-Cache 2 plugin I found out that this is it's remake, newer version. Damn.
- Well, same problem as WP-Cache.